Instead of adding “in bed” or “on the toilet” to the ends of fortune cookie fortunes, add “24601!” Credit to Jenny (peachy00keen).
the blob: do you collect anything? if so, what & why?
Nothing too seriously. I do still collect foreign coins, but I do not go out of my way to add to my collection. I suppose I could say I collect physical copies of video games and albums since that is no longer really the norm.
mothra: what is something dangerous that attracts or fascinates you?
werewolf: if you could change into any nonhuman animal and back at will, what animal would you change into and why?
Probably some sort of insect—resilient and able to fly.
sharktopus: what is something you’ve done that was ridiculous or a bad decision?
Screening Iron Sky between Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur. We completely forgot until the event had already been scheduled. As the sole Jewish member of the executive board, I feel particularly bad about that mistake.
robot: what is a habit you do without thinking?
Picking at my nails. I am trying to be more conscious of that habit and put a stop to it.
If you didn’t think “Shia LaBeouf” could get better, you were wrong.
I literally can’t believe this exists there are tears in my eyes that I don’t remember crying
I intend to :D I do not own a good camera, but hopefully I can get one of my friends who does to photograph my costumes :)
Two: I intend to cosplay Once Upon A Time Rumplestiltskin in the morning since the make-up is easier to put on quickly before classes (and I enjoy playing characters who are chaotic evil on the surface), and then I will change into male!Elphaba later in the day.
I was initially going to be the Wicked Witch of the West all day, but I watched OUAT as part of my “research” and realized how much fun it could be to play Rumple.
I am not sure yet. I still need to finish making my Halloween costumes! I am considering Tron or a borg, but I have not decided on anything yet.
3D modeling would be so much easier if humans did not have fingers.
But then how would we manipulate the keyboard and mouse controls?
I sense a listener nearby.
I think we should all celebrate by taking a moment to appreciate Robert Pattinson’s attitude and I’m laughing so much right now.
JUST ALL THAT HE IS.
I’m going to miss this
After various setbacks, I finally got my ADT-1 (Android TV dev box) to where I physically am. Here are some of my initial impressions:
- The box itself is gorgeous. I wish every game console and set top box looked this sleek.
- The gamepad feels subpar compared to, say, an Xbox 360 controller, but it does its job.
- Initial setup was annoyingly painful on the RIT wireless since the device cannot connect to a WPA2 network that requires a username and password and lacks a web browser for authentication on the unsecured network.
- Android TV feels very responsive, but the fact that I have to navigate using a d-pad means I will never fully love the experience.
- The number of Play Store apps I can use on Android TV is disappointing. Android has had d-pad support from the start!
- The games that officially have Android TV support play well, though Google Play Games services appear to be broken.
- For the moment, emulators seem to be the best way to play the greatest variety of games on Android TV, but hopefully that will change.
- I am genuinely excited to try to port some of my games to this thing.
- I am also excited the gamepad can be paired to my Chromebook, and it works with the HTML5 Gamepad API!